If you or someone you know has suffered irreversible tooth decay or tooth loss, options are available for different replacement services. Dental bridges can be installed, dentures are still widely offered and used, and dental implants are also available. Some of the best reasons to go with dental implants are as follows:
– You can speak much freer and easier, which is oftentimes restricted or changed from dentures.
– Your dental implants won’t move or shift as you talk or eat.
– You can care for the implants just as you would natural teeth, rather than storing them in a jar at night.
– Dental implants are able to withstand the rigors of life and last as long as you do. Conversely, dental bridges typically only last less than ten years before they will need to be replaced.
– Dental implants remove the chance of embarrassment of having your false teeth fall out in public places.
– Dental implants have a much higher success record in the long-term and short-term over other therapies and fixes.
– Bridges can grind against your other good teeth to which they are attached. Over time, this can cause deterioration of those natural healthy teeth. Dental implants do not affect other healthy teeth, as they are wired to the jawbone instead.
If you have any questions or concerns, or to schedule an appointment, please call Wright Family Dentistry at 870.932.2300 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and we will be glad to help you.