Did you know you can improve your oral health care through the use of chewing gum? By chewing sugarless gum for a period of roughly 20 minutes or more each day, you can help lower the risk of plaque buildup, debris and harmful acids in your mouth that can contribute to dental erosion and cavities. Furthermore, chewing gum is extremely helpful for lowering the risks of diseases and other oral health problems. Read on for some helpful facts about chewing gum:
– Although chewing gum is helpful for your oral health, make sure that it does not contain additional sugars, which can lead to further oral health risks.
– Sugarless chewing gum is beneficial for individuals who often experience a heightened sense of tooth sensitivity after meals. Avoid brushing your teeth after eating it, and instead, turn to sugarless chewing gum.
– Sugarless chewing gum can help produce additional saliva, which is not only beneficial for lowering your risk for dental abrasion and dental erosion, it can often help treat and prevent heartburn as well.
– Sugarless chewing gum should never be used as a substitute for brushing and flossing, but rather as a supplemental cleaning tool to help keep your oral hygiene in check.
– For additional help with your oral health care needs, be sure to visit our dentist for regular checkups, cleanings, restorations and repairs as needed.
Have you thought about any additional ways to help protect your teeth and gums? If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a fantastic smile with additional care for your teeth and gums, schedule an appointment with Wright Family Dentistry at our dental office in Jonesboro, Arkansas, by calling 870.932.2300. Dr. Damon Wright and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.